Tony Volpe Award 2019 Applications Now Open
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting submissions for the Tony Volpe Award for our Senior Dental Leaders (SDL) programme
in Boston, USA, March 2019. The award covers all tuition, travel and accommodation costs for SDL-13.
Who should apply?
This an opportunity for aspiring dentists in the early and middle stages of their careers to train alongside some of the most influential figures in the formulation of world dental policy. To that end, applicants must meet specific criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants must be a qualified member of the wider dental profession.
- Applicants must either be an aspiring Dean of a dental school or the head of department.
- Or, have experience and a proven track record of operating successfully in a senior policy
or other leadership role.
- Be committed to further learning and to improving the oral health of children.
- Have the support of their Ministry of Health, Dental Association, Academic Institution, or employer.
- Endorsement from one of the Senior Dental Leader Alumni is also encouraged. A list of
alumni names and contact details can be found here.
How to apply
Please write a maximum of four hundred words outlining the following:
- Who you are and any relevant positions and personal achievements.
- Why you wish to attend SDL-13.
- To what purpose you would best utilize the SDL-13 training programme and alumni network.
All applications should be sent directly to the Global Child Dental Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is the end of October 2018.
Please note that all decisions are final and we regret that we are unable to provide
individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Professor Raman Bedi
Chairman, Global Child Dental Fund