Tony Volpe Award 2017
We are currently accepting submissions for the Tony Volpe Award for SDL-11 in Boston, March 2017. The award covers all tuition, travel and accommodation costs for SDL-11.
Pictured left is the 2016 winner Professor Jeff Yengopal with, from left to right: Marsha Butler, Tony Volpe, Raman Bedi and Stanley M. Bergman.
Who should apply?
This an opportunity for aspiring dentists in the early and middle stages of their careers to train alongside some of the most influential figures in the formulation of world dental policy. To that end, applicants must meet specific criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants must be a qualified member of the wider dental profession.
- Applicants must either be an aspiring Dean of a dental school or the head of department. Or, have experience and a proven track record of operating successfully in a senior policy or other leadership role.
- Be commited to further learning and to improving the oral health of children.
- Have the support of their Ministry of Health, Dental Association, Academic Institution, or employer.
- Endorsement from one of the Senior Dental Leader Alumni is also encouraged. A list of alumni names and contact details can be found here.
How to apply
Please write a maximum of four hundred words outlining the following:
- Who you are and any relevant positions and personal achievements.
- Why you wish to attend SDL.
- To what purpose you would best utilize the SDL training programme and alumni network.
All applications should be sent directly to the Global Child Dental Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is the end of November 2016.
Please note that all decisions are final and we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.