Richard Law Award 2016
An award of GBP £250 (Approximately Rs 25000) is available to dental students in India. To be considered for the award, students must enter an essay competition and take up the Advanced Dental Leadership Certificate Training, which you can register for here.
Essay topic for the Undergraduate Category (any one):
- Challenges for dental practice in India
- Is post-graduation a must in dentistry?
Essay Topic for the Post-graduate Category (any one):
- Research in academic institutes vs practice-based?
- Humanities in dental education
Submission of essay:
Word limit 3000 words (excluding references).
Referencing style Harvard (Author-Year).
To be included in submission:
- Covering letter signed by the Dean/ Principal of the college.
- Title page: Title of the essay, name of the author/s, name of the institute, contact details (address, telephone no. and email address of the first author).
- Essay: MS Word document, Arial Font, Size 12, double spacing
- Receipt for signing up to The Advanced Dental Leadership Programme (Mandatory)
All submissions only by email to email@example.com
About the Assessment:
The best 3 essays will be given certificates and there shall be one award winner in each category receiving a prize of Rs 25000 (Approx £250 GBP).
There will be two runner-ups in each category who will receive certificates.
The essays will be assessed for novelty of ideas, language, presentation, referencing and overall quality.
One author can submit only one essay. There can be more than one author, but only the first author will be considered for the award.
Judges' decision shall be final. Individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants shall not be provided.
The opening date is 1st June 2016 and the closing date is 31st October 2016.
The Award winners will be announced on or before 1st January 2017 at this website (www.gcdfund.org).
You can read more about Richard Law and the Richard Law Award at this page.