Promising Leadership Award
The Center for Oral Health is honored to partner with GCDFund to offer an award to a qualified oral health leader. Young professionals from various disciplines (public health, dentistry, social work, public policy etc.) with a demonstrated interest in addressing health disparities and dental/oral public health are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Oral Health values new ideas that foster public-private partnerships, bolster the work of the nonprofit and social enterprise sectors, and guarantee sustainable solutions to improve oral health for the most vulnerable members of our communities, or countries, and our world.
Improving health systems, and envisioning new solutions requires nurturing new leaders. Promising leaders that re-energize the oral health movement, and lead the charge through new thinking and innovative solutions that ensure access to care and a caries-free world for generations to come
Who should apply for this award?
This an opportunity for young healthcare professionals with a demonstrated interest in addressing health disparities to train alongside some of the most influential figures in the formulation of world dental policy. To that end, applicants must meet specific criteria to be eligible:
- Applicants must be a qualified professional (public health, dentistry, social work, public policy, etc.)
- Applicants must either be an aspiring healthcare leader or, have experience and a proven track record of operating successfully in a senior policy or other leadership role.
- Be committed to further learning and to improving the oral health of vulnerable populations (low-income families, children, older adults, people with special health care needs).
- Have the support of their Ministry of Health, Dental Association, Academic Institution, or employer.
- Endorsement from one of the Senior Dental Leader Alumni is highly encouraged. A list of alumni names can be found at this link
Applications for the 2018 award are now closed. We will announce the winner at SDL-12 in March 2018.
To apply for SDL-13 in 2019, please write a maximum of 400 words outlining in brief the following:
- Who you are and any relevant positions and personal achievements
- Why you wish to attend SDL
- To what purpose you would best utilize the SDL training programme and alumni network
- All applications should be sent directly to the Global Child Dental Fund using this link
- The deadline for applications is the end of November 2018.
- Please contact us if you require further details.
- Please note that all decisions are final and we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
We look forward to receiving your applications.